CELEBRATING 20 YEARS IN MEXICO - GIVING STUDENTS THE TOOLS
TO BUILD BRIGHTER FUTURES!
Did you know that in rural Mexican communities, nearly 60% of youth do not go to high school? This means thousands of girls and boys miss the opportunity to learn, grow, and acquire the skills they need to build productive, healthy lives. Escalera is changing that. Our innovative REACH program turns five next year and will give over 20,000 students the resources they need to go to high school. But that’s not all...
In 2018, we’re launching an exciting workforce readiness program in local high schools that gives students the skills to create a successful small business and join the workforce!
- In Chiapas, 3 out of 4 people live in poverty.
- 30% of girls marry before age 18
- 1 out of 3 people in Chiapas lack access to education
- In rural and indigenous communities, only 43% of students go on to high school due to economic barriers
- 420 million people around the globe can break the cycle of poverty with a high school education
- Each additional year of education increases earnings in Chiapas by 8%
- An extra year of education reduces the likelihood of child marriage for girls by 5%
- Mothers who have more education are more likely to have healthier children
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT
BECOME A RECURRING DONOR:
Allies for Education is a special group of Escalera
supporters who provide recurring donations
throughout the year. Your ongoing support is critical
to expanding our educational program throughout
Mexico. Allies for Education receive recognition in our
Annual Report and a certificate of support.
To become an Ally, simply select a recurring period
(monthly, quarterly or biannually) on your next online
donation or contact us so we can help guide you
through the process.
DONATE VIA CHECK TO:
273 N. East Capitol Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Want to #GivetoGrow, but can’t contribute
financially? Follow us on Facebook, spread the
word to your friends, and join us in creating
opportunities for Mexican youth.